Elitedaily.com has listed 20 things you need to let go to be happy. I think the list brings up a few important subjects that I believe could have a major impact on people’s happiness. I will write down six of them, but if you want the whole list take a look here!
1. The approval of others. Like the article says, who give a shit about what other people think. If you are happy with the decisions you have made, that is really all that matters, right!? Who’s business would it be other than yours!?
2. Anger. Learn to let go of anger and learn to let go of the apology that you never got. I like the old saying “to hold on to anger is like eating poison and expecting the other person to die”.
3. The idea of a perfect partner. All that needs to be said about this is said in this text by Bob Marley: “He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”
4. Perfect life. Just like there is no perfect partner there is no perfect life. Life is what you put into it and the decisions you make. How could it possible be perfect? We don’t know what is perfect in life and we are for sure not able to always make the perfect decisions. And also what is perfect for you isn’t perfect for someone else, so stop the comparison.
5. The past. No one can take back mistakes made in the past. Don’t regret, learn! Things have happened, shake it off and move on. I know it’s easier said then done, but try!
6. Your baggage. We have all been hurt and we have all let go of people we love. The worse thing to do now is to compare. Start every new relationship with a clear mind. No one deserves to be compared. We are all unique and so is every single relationship.
Just a few little things to have in mind in life! xx