Good Morning and Happy New Year!
Yet another year has passed, and I’m glad 2016 is over. I hope and believe that 2017 will be better in many ways. Less worries, more happiness, less darkness, more sunshine, less losses of lives and more peace. We did however wake up to another terror attack and this time in Turkey. Before I had turned around to give Kiwi the year’s first morning hug I had tears in my eyes and an aching heart. For many people New Years Eve will from now on not be the same, it will be a reminder of their loss. And 2016 will be a reminder of loss for even more people.
While the chaos continues I am sitting in bed having sushi for breakfast. A sushi craving hit me yesterday and a Deliveroo man was soon knocking on the door with about 25 pieces of sushi bites. I hope they haven’t gone bad over night…
I also thought I would write down a few of my goals for this year. They are not really new year resolutions, but instead just a few goals that I will start aiming for as from today:
- Continue to stay active by going to the gym, taking classes and by taking long walks. I was very happy with how well I did on this last year so my goal now is just to keep up with it.
- Eat more green and vegetables. I eat vegetables and fruit every day which is good, but I don’t eat enough of it. My goal is therefore to eat at least 2 fruits per day and to eat at least 2 meals with vegetables each day. I think that’s realistic.
- Read more books! Apart from school books I have not been reading much this year. From what I can remember I have read two or three Wallander books and that’s it. Shame. So my goal for 2017 is to read for joy and relaxation for at least 15 mintes a day. Also realistic!
- Write more. Blog posts will be good for that!
- I will skip the attempts to make things perfect and instead be a little bit rebellious and go for good enough!
Thank you for checking in! X